Recipe: Grilled Peaches With Vanilla Yogurt and Candied Almonds
September 12, 2016
As summer comes to an end peaches are still at their peak. Kristy shares a light, refreshing end-of-summer dessert that can be whipped up in no time whether making dessert for two or hosting that last BBQ bash.
Grilled Peaches With Vanilla Yogurt and Candied Almonds
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients (see sub-recipes below)
4 Grilled Peach halves
⅓ cup Candied Almonds
½ cup Vanilla Yogurt
2 tsp honey
4 picked mint leaves
1. Spoon a small amount of yogurt into each bowl and top with a peach half, flesh-side up. Spoon remaining yogurt over top of peach and add candied almonds. Add a ½ tsp drizzle of honey to each and and garnish with a mint leaf.
2 peaches, unpeeled, halved, pit removed
1 tsp canola or grapeseed oil
Pinch of salt
1. Heat grill pan to medium-low. Brush with oil.
2. Place peaches on pre-heated grill, flesh side down. Grill on each flesh-side for 2-3 minutes or until grill marks are created. Cover or move to indirect heat and cook for another 5-10 minutes until peaches are warmed through.
3. When peach is grilled, transfer to plate and sprinkle flesh side with pinch of salt.
½ cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
¼ tsp vanilla extract (or 1-inch piece scraped vanilla bean)
¼ tsp honey
1. In small bowl, combine vanilla, honey and yogurt and whisk until well combined and vanilla is evenly dispersed.
⅓ cup raw almonds
1½ tbsp honey
1½ tsp warm water
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In small bowl, combine honey with warm water to create honey syrup.
3. Add almonds to bowl and let sit for at least 15 minutes.
4. Drain any excess syrup and toss with pinch of salt.
5. Transfer to oven-safe pan and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until almonds are toasted and begin to give off a nutty aroma.
6. Immediately transfer to separate pan or surface to cool.
Note: Nuts can be made in advance and stored in a tightly sealed container.
Nutrition Info per serving:
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Latest Posts Subscribe to the SPE RSS feed
October 16, 2018 by Doreen Garelick, Dietetic Intern
Our intern Doreen attended a food waste summit for restaurants and compiled these tips to help food service operators redirect food waste from landfills.
September 26, 2018 by Doreen Garelick, Dietetic Intern
Ever notice headlines about rapid weightloss? Dietetic Intern Doreen Garelick looks deeper into a recent eye-catching headline to see if there's any truth behind it.